How to Troubleshoot Apple Mail Not Working Issue?
Apple mail issues can consume a lot of your time but if you know exactly what is wrong and how to troubleshoot, it can save your time. In this blog, we have discussed in detail the solutions that you can try if Apple mail not working problem occurs.
If you are unable to receive or send emails while using Apple mail then there is something wrong so you must troubleshoot the issue.
Most Common Cause that may result in Apple Mail Not Working Issue
Unable to send or receive email using Apple mail can result in a lot of inconveniences. However, you can easily fix these issues by following the basic troubleshooting guidelines.
But first, let us discuss the causes that may result in this problem.
- Incorrect password
- Changed account settings
- The problem in the Apple mail app or the server related issues
Troubleshooting Solutions to Fix Apple Mail Not Working Issue
If you are having a problem while accessing Apple mail then there are a couple of solutions that you can try to resolve the problem with the mail. So let us discuss this in detail here.
1. Check your Email Password: Before changing the settings or reconfiguring, the first thing that you need to do is to verify the email password that you have entered. Here is what you need to do.
- Sign in to the Apple mail account using a web-based email system.
- When you complete the sign-in using the web browser it lets you know whether the issue is with the app or the program.
2. Verify the Username: Secondly, make sure the username that you are using to complete the sign-in is correct. Even if the password is correct, but if you have entered an incorrect email address the issue will arise.
That is why it is important to check the email account credentials carefully.
3. Check the Type of Apple Mail Account: If you experience Apple mail not working issue then you need to check the account type. Depending upon the email type you are using the steps may vary.
Popular email platforms like Apple use a variation of IMAP protocol for receiving emails. That is why you must check if the email service provider you are using supports the IMAP account as it is far better than the rest.
To check this on your macOS here is what you need to do:
- Open the Mail and then select Preferences.
- Open the account and then check the account type under the account name section.
To check this on Ios here is what you need to do:
- Open the settings menu on your iPhone.
- Then go to the Accounts and Password.
- Then select the account that you want to check.
- You can check the account type on the top of the screen.
4. Check the Email Server Settings: Once you have checked the account type, the next thing you need to verify is the server settings. In macOS as well as Ios, it managed the connection server settings automatically.
However, if you are having an older version of the OS, then you may have to manually check the connection server settings. To check the connection server settings on the iOS device here is what you need to do.
- Open the settings.
- Select the account you want to verify.
- Then open the account section.
- Select the Advanced option.
- Navigate down and choose the incoming settings option.
- Make sure to select use SSL.
5. Get Help from the Experts: Here we have discussed in detail the solutions that can help you with Apple mail not working.
But if nothing seems to work and you are stuck in between the steps then make sure to get in touch with the technical support team for help and assistance.