Chromecast is an amazing addition that adds a superb way of entertainment. It offers you an amazing way of streaming content on Netflix, Hulu, and other apps. It allows you to stream music, watch TV series, shows, movies and possible everything you desired for. All in all it is a great device that can help you spend time most entertainingly. Google Chromecast is without any doubt an outstanding wireless streaming device that allows you to watch high-definition content, all you need is a high-speed internet connection. And you can binge-watch anything at any time.
However, many users complain about the ‘Chromecast not working’ problem. This problem may arise because of a couple of reasons however, poor wi-fi signals and internet connection is one of the most obvious reasons why your Chromecast stopped working. However, a combination of a few troubleshooting solutions can help you fix Chromecast is not working problems.
In this blog, we will cover easy and quick troubleshooting solutions that can fix the problem with Google Chromecast. But if the problem happens again and again then consider getting help from the technical support team.
If the Chromecast not working then you may consider updating the version. But it may not always resolve the problem. Consider following the troubleshooting methods mentioned below to fix the problem with Google Chromecast.
Reset the Router or the Modem
Usually, when the Chromecast is not working error occurs then there are chances it is related to the wi-fi network. There are chances that the device is not receiving proper signals. So, you can reset the router/modem and check if it helps in resolving the problem.
- Take out the plug of the router/modem. And switch it off.
- Then, wait and plugin to turn it on the router/modem.
- Now, you can connect to the Google Chromecast. If you are not able to connect the Chromecast with the router then you can get technical support from the experts.
Use an Extender to Establish a Connection
If the Chromecast, not working problem arises because of the wi-fi connection problem, then you can try using an extended cable to fix this issue. You need to check your Chromecast it would have come with HDMI cable. Using an HDMI extender cable allows you to extend the internet connection. It allows the Chromecast device to come out from the TV so that it can receive better signals.
Many times, the wi-fi signals may find it difficult to pass through huge TV and as a result cause Chromecast not working problems. Therefore, by using an extender for your Chromecast you give the Google Chromecast more breathing space to receive the signals.
Reboot the Smartphone or the Personal Computer
Sometimes the Chromecast, not working problem can arise because the device you are using need a reboot. A quick reboot can help in fixing many issues. You can try restarting the device and see if this helps in fixing the issues.
If this does not work then you will have to move on to further steps for resolving Chromecast related issues.
Try Updating the Chrome Browser
If you are using Chromecast on a personal computer, then you need to check the browser for an update. You will have to update Chrome to the latest version and then see if that can fix Chromecast not working issue.
- Go to the Chrome browser on your computer.
- Then look at the top for three dots. Here you will find a few more options.
- Then, select option for Chrome update. If you are unable to find the update option here try seeking help from the Chromecast tech experts.
A factory reset is yet another solution that can help you in fixing Chromecast not working issue. There can be innumerable reasons that may cause this problem. However, a factory reset does help in troubleshooting the problem.
The thing that you need to note here is that a factory reset will not delete or erase the data, however, you will have to set up the Chromecast from the start.
- Do not unplug the Chromecast and hold the button that you can find behind the device for one minute.
- You will notice a blank screen on the TV, this means that the factory reset has started. But if you do not see a blank screen then you will have to try the first step again.
Once the factory reset is complete you will have to set up the Chromecast again. If you need guidance on how to setup Google Chromecast then you must get help from the technical support team. The experts will guide you step by step for the setup is Chromecast is not working.
Try Adjusting the Channels of the Router
Chromecast Not Working-In most of the network, you can switch between different wireless channels that are running under them. However, if you are using the same network nearby then this may result in interference of the internet connection and the wi-fi signals. You can resolve this problem by following these steps.
- Navigate to the setting option of the router.
- Then select the wireless option to look for channel SSID.
- You will have to change it from auto to any other numbered option. Keep changing until you find a channel that has less interference.
- Usually, for Chromecast best channels are 6,7 and 11. However, it may not always be the same. All you need to do is use a channel that most of the users on the same premises are not using.
- These steps will definitely help in fixing wi-fi connectivity related issues and especially if the problem is related to the speed of the wi-fi.
Also, not that the network should be operating between 2.5GHz to 5Ghz for a high-speed connection. You check the bandwidth in router settings. If you need more guidance on the speed of your wi-fi network tries seeking help from the technical team of experts.
Chromecast not working issue is experienced by the user on a daily basis. The solutions mentioned in this blog can help in fixing most of the problems related to Chromecast. However, if the problem persists or simply if you are stuck in between the steps get in touch with the team of experts for assistance.
The technical support team make sure to understand the issue deeply and immediately get it fixed.