Troubleshooting Ecobee Thermostat not Turning on Problem
Ecobee thermostat is the flagship product of the company under the same name. The Ecobee thermostat can be allowed on the wi-fi network to control the temperature of your home.
Besides, the Ecobee thermostat can be set up with Alexa and Apple’s HomeKit to further make things easier for the users.
However, the most underlying difference that makes Ecobee thermostat a perfect choice for your smart home is that it can adjust the temperature based on what it sensing in a particular room.
The Ecobee thermostat can be controlled using the in-built touchscreen and also the app that can be easily downloaded on iOS and Android devices.
Besides offering comfort and convenience the smart sensor technology of the Ecobee also saves energy, reducing the power consumption and maximizing the efficiency of the device.
However, many times the users may come across problems like Ecobee thermostat not turning on. If you are facing a similar problem then do not worry as you can follow the troubleshooting guideline mentioned below to fix the issue.
But if you are in a hurry and do not have enough technical knowledge you can also get in touch with the technical support team for help and assistance.
Ecobee Thermostat not Turning on Problem Solved
Suddenly the Ecobee stopped working and it just won’t turn on no matter what you do. Sometimes this problem may arise because of a technical issue and to resolve it you need help from the technicians only.
However, sometimes this issue can occur because of other reasons too and you can resolve the problem simply by following the troubleshooting solutions only.
Sometimes a problem with the power source can also result in an issue with the Ecobee thermostat. To fix this issue you can check the voltage of the Ecobee using the multimeter tool.
If the voltage is less than 24V then it is not sufficient and that is why you are facing Ecobee thermostat not turning on issue.
If the voltage is fine and your Ecobee thermostat still won’t turn on then here are the solutions that you can try to resolve the issue.
Check the Power Connection
- Make sure to check the power wires of the Ecobee thermostat.
- Check the wire and see if it is connected to the RC terminal otherwise it will not turn on.
- Another thing you need to check for the wires is that the wires must be properly connected and inserted into the terminal blocks of the device.
- Try gently pulling the wires to check is every wire is connected and not lose.
- Also, check the lever on the side of the wire and make sure it is down as it indicates that the wires are properly connected with the terminal block.
Check the C Wire
- For the Ecobee to work without any issue it must have C wire.
- To avoid Ecobee thermostat not turning on the problem it requires C wire for power on.
- Make sure the wire is connected to the thermostat C terminal.
- Before using the wire at the C terminal make sure it is connected to the C terminal od the HVAC board.
Check if the Ecobee Thermostat is Properly Placed
- Many times, the wires of the Ecobee thermostat can prevent the device from connecting to the backplate.
- Therefore, it may result in Ecobee thermostat not turning on the issue.
- Try to gently push the wires on the thermostat to properly insert on the backplate.
- Also, make sure there are no spaces or gaps between the backplate and the thermostat Ecobee device.
The Ecobee thermostat is a smart choice for your home. The thermostat device can be easily set up with iOS and Android devices and you can easily control it using your smartphone.
However, many users complain about facing Ecobee thermostat not turning on the problem. If you are going through a similar issue then it usually occurs because of voltage related issue.
So, make sure to check the voltage and it must be more than 24V. Also, try power cycling the Ecobee thermostat and check if the device turns on or not. We have also mentioned other solutions that can help you fix this problem.
However, if nothing seems to work then you must get help from the experts. Get in touch with the technical support team for more information and support.