Did you recently purchase a Fire Stick? Is there any error in the Fire Stick? Then do worry as it is quite common to experience issues like Fire Stick not working. Many Fire Stick users complain about coming across this problem every now and then. But if you are aware of how to troubleshoot these errors then you can quickly resolve this problem. Besides, if you do not want to go through all the hassle, then you have always got the Fire Stick experts for technical support.
In this guide, we are going to cover some of the most basic troubleshooting solutions that can help you in fixing the Fire Stick is not working issue.
Amazon Fire Stick is a very popular device that is inserted into the HDMI port of the TV. So, that you can stream your favorite content on Netflix, Hulu, HBO Now, YouTube and other popular streaming apps out there. The Fire Stick remote also offers voice assistant feature. Though the Fire Stick is an amazing device many times users have to face Fire Stick is not working problems.
While using the device you can face Fire Stick not working issue. This problem is vast and is related to several reasons. However, here we are going to discuss some of the most common problems with the Fire Stick and their solutions.
The Problem in the Wi-Fi Connection
If the Fire Stick not working problem is occurring because the Fire Stick just won’t connect to the wi-fi then you know there is an issue with the internet. There can be several reasons for the wi-fi connection problem. It is possible that there is a problem in the router, password error, power outage, and poor wi-fi signals. Here are some of the things that you need to check to make sure the wi-fi connection is proper.
- Check the compatibility of the modem or the router with the device and also make sure it meets up with the criteria of running a seamless network.
- For a seamless wi-fi network the modem should meet up with the following requirements: B, G & N router should have 2.4 GHz while the A & N router should have 5 GHz.
If you are still having issues with the Fire Stick then you must get help from the technical support team who have a thorough knowledge of the Fire Stick and can guide you with the Fire Stick is not working problem.
Check the Fire Stick Setup
Before proceeding with the further steps, you must take a closer look at the setup of the Fire Stick. Make sure nothing is blocking the wi-fi signals or causing any interference with the signals.
Restart the Fire Stick
Restarting the Fire Stick is another quick troubleshooting solution that can help in fixing the problem. Fire Stick not working issue can be faced because of several reasons.
Here are some of the methods that you can follow for restarting the Fire Stick.
Physical Restart: Physical restart simply means that all you need to do is unplug the device. Then, you need the plugin after a few seconds. Often it is enough to fix the problem.
Use a Remote for Restart: If you want to restart the Fire Stick using the remote you can do so by pressing the Play, Pause and select button all at the same time.
Use the Menu for a Restart: If somehow any of the buttons are not working on the Fire Stick remote then you can restart using the remote.
Check the Physical Connections of the Fire Stick
If the smart TV you are using is unable to recognize the Fire Stick then there are high chances of having an issue in the physical connection or simply the way Fire Stick is inserted in the TV, and as a result, it may cause Fire Stick not working problem.
- First of all, you need to check that the Fire Stick is completely inserted into the HDMI port of the TV. A loose connection can result in an issue with the Fire Stick.
- Check the batteries are not drained. Make sure they are placed properly and replace the batteries if required.
- If you are still experiencing an issue with the Fire Stick physical connection then you must get help from the Fire Stick technical experts.
Problems in the Fire Stick Remote
If Fire Stick not working problem is because you are unable to access the remote then do not worry. This problem can be fixed quickly with the help of troubleshooting solutions. If the Fire Stick is not responding to the remote then there can be a problem in the pairing of the remote. Often a quick reboot can help in resolving the pairing issue, however, it may not always be helpful.
- Restart the device.
- After the re-plugging hold, the home button on the remote and this shall allow in repairing the remote. Make sure the remote is fully charged when you try repairing.
Fire Stick Not Working: Audio Related Issues
While using Fire Stick you may come across audio related problems. First of all, check that you have not accidentally turned down or muted the volume. If this is not the case then you can try a few tips to fix the problem.
- If the problem is arising because the external speaker is incompatible. Then navigate to the settings of the audio. Change the settings to default.
- Check the audio settings of the and change it to the Digital Output option.
- Once the Digital Output option is selected you need to turn it off.
- If this does not work then there is a problem in the HDMI port of the TV. To need more technical assistance on this problem, get in touch with the Fire Stick experts.
If these steps are unable to resolve the Fire Stick not working problem then you need to check all of the cable connections. Make sure the connections are not damaged or loose.
If the Fire Stick is Not Turning On
Fire Stick, not working problem can occur when you are unable to turn on the device. In this situation, the first thing that you need to do is to check all the power cords are connected properly. Make sure to replace any faulty power cord.
What Else Can You Do?
When you have tried everything but still Fire Stick Not Working problem occurs then this means you need technical help. Get in touch with the Fire Stick experts who have the knowledge, skills, and experience to navigate the errors and issues with the Fire Stick.