Windows 7 printer offline
When there you are using Windows 7 and printer offline error occurs then it can be very frustrating. This is because the printer is not able to connect with the computer and hence the error occurs. Usually, this happens when there is a problem in the network connection, faulty or incompatible drivers, the print jobs are delayed or pending print jobs. You need to change the printer’s offline status to online, for the printer to function efficiently.
Usually when people use Windows 7 printers offline error is very common. The error can occur due to several reasons. In this blog, we will cover the solutions that can fix the printer offline in Windows 7 OS.
Quick Fixes to Resolve Printer Offline Error in Windows 7
While Windows 7 printer offline is very common. It is important to change the printer offline status too, online to use the printer again. Here are a few quick fixes for you to follow.
Check the Connections of the Printer
The first thing that you need to do is to check the connections of the printer. Check the USB cable that connects the printer and the personal computer is not damaged or loose. Also, make sure the printer is connected to a power socket that supplies an electric current. If you are using a wireless printer, then you need to restart the router because it may be causing a problem with the network connection.
Install Updated Version of the Printer Drivers
Windows 7 printer offline error can also occur if the driver is outdated and incompatible with the OS. To fix this problem, you need to download the latest version of the printer drivers from an official website. So, make sure to install the updated version of the drivers. For more information you can contact Printer Support a team of experts.
Fix the Printer Error in Windows 7
If there are any changes in the printer spooler settings, then that can cause printer offline error in Windows 7. In such a case, you need to follow a few troubleshooting solutions.
- Press Windows + R.
- When the run box appears, you need to type services.msc and then press ok on the screen or enter on the keyboard.
- A new window will open that will show you a complete list of Windows services. Then go to print spooler option and click on it twice to manage the print jobs.
- Once you are directed to print spooler properties, you will have to configure the startup type services to automatic. Check the print spooler setup and change the settings from manual to automatic.
- Now, click on the start button and wait until Windows 7 starts the spooler services.
- Then, click on the apply option to confirm the changes done.
If the Printer spooler status does not change, then follow these steps.
- Press Windows.
- Now, go to the Devices and Printers option.
- Then go to the printer model and right-click on it. Now choose ‘see what’s printing’ option.
- A new window will open, here untick the ‘use printer offline’ option.
If you follow these steps but Windows 7 printer offline error is still unresolved. Then you need to get help from the Printer Support professionals. The professional will not only help you fix the error but will also guide step by step so that the problem is fixed quickly.