Troubleshooting Geeni Light Bulb not Working with Google Home Issue
Are you looking for a smart lighting solution for your home? Well, then getting a Geeni light bulb is surely a great option for you. The smart lighting system is a perfect way to improve the efficacy and the aura of your home.
The smart lighting system is a great solution to reinvent your home and at the same time also conserve energy.
Over the years the smart hub technology has quickly taken over the world. Whether it is the Google Home or simply the lighting system the smart technology is surely the best thing out there.
The latest gem being the smart Geeni light bulb and the lighting system. The home automation company Geeni has come up with an amazing set of smart lights and bulbs to improve the functionality of your smart home.
The smart bulbs are a perfect way to incorporate an amazing theme in your home without having to do or invest much.
The best part is that you can easily add a Geeni light bulb on your Google Home app and also use Alexa voice assistance to control the lighting system.
However, for this you need to complete the setup carefully otherwise you may come across problems like the Geeni light bulb not working with Google Home.
If you are facing a similar problem then the first thing you need to check is the setup. You can also follow the basic troubleshooting solutions mentioned in this blog. However, if you need an immediate solution then we recommend getting in touch with the technical support team for help.
Quick Solutions to Fix Geeni Light Bulb not Working with Google Home
First of all, while using the Geeni light bulb you need to sync it with the Google Home to use the lighting system at your fingertips and also use the Alexa voice control feature. Make sure to sync the Geeni app with Google Home properly to avoid issues and errors like the Geeni light bulb not working with Alexa.
Here are the steps that you need to follow to sync the Geeni light bulb with the Google Assistant:
- The first thing that you need to do is to download and install the Google Home app on your mobile phone. Then complete the registration process and the sign in for the Google Home. Once you are signed in, open the Google Home menu.
- Then tap on the + sign.
- Then select the Geeni from the home control partners.
- Then complete the authorization with the Google Assistant by using the username and the password for the Geeni app.
Well, that is it now the Google Home app and the Geeni app are synched. However, if you are facing a problem like the Geeni light bulb not working with Google Home then it means that there is some problem.
In such a case, you must get in touch with the technical support team for help. Other than that, you can also follow the troubleshooting solutions mentioned here to resolve the problem on your own.
Troubleshooting Geeni Light Bulb not Working with Alexa Problem
- Make sure to check the Geeni light bulb lies within the wi-fi range. Move closer to the light bulb with your mobile phone and check if your wi-fi is connected or not.
- Make sure the devices are connected to the 2.4 GHz wi-fi band.
- Try adding the Geeni light bulb again to the Google Home app.
- Besides, you can check if the Alexa voice assistance is working properly or not. Make sure to train the Alexa again if there is an issue while using voice control assistance.
- While using Alexa or Google Home with the Geeni light bulb system makes sure the devices are in range and some minimum interferences or obstacles may be blocking the range of the signals.
For your next smart home upgrade, the Geeni light bulb is surely a smart and innovative choice. Do not hesitate to integrate the smart technology into your Google Home, as it is a great option for all.
The most common problems that you may come across while using it are Geeni light bulb not working with Alexa and Google Home. But these problems are quick and easy to resolve.
Here we have discussed the basic solutions that you can follow to fix the problem. However, if the problem is unresolved, we recommend seeking help from the technical support team as well.