A Complete Guide on Roku Remote| Fix Roku Remote is Not Working
To start with, the Roku remotes are of two types. The Infrared and Enhanced Roku remote. Both are different from each other while the Infrared remote you need to point towards the Roku player to use the remote. While on the other hand the enhanced remote uses the Wi-Fi network, so you do not have to directly point at the Roku device while using the remote.
Call Toll-Free Numbers For Support
So, before figuring out the steps to resolve Roku remote is not working problem you need to know which Roku remote you have got. For this, check out the back of your Roku remote. Take out the batteries from the compartment of the remote. Check out if there is any button. If the remote has got a pairing button then it is an enhanced remote otherwise it is an IR remote.
However, if you are facing Roku remote not working problem then you can follow the troubleshooting solutions to fix the issue
Basic Troubleshooting Solution to Fix Roku Remote is not Working Issue
Now, that you know which Roku remote you are using, you can follow the troubleshooting solutions to fix the Roku remote issues for both types of remotes.
- Restart the Roku device and then take out the streaming stick from the device. Wait for some time and then restart to see if the remote is working now.
- Try reinserting the batteries into the compartments properly. If the remote is still not working insert new batteries, as they could be drained.
- If the Roku device is inserted into the HDMI port try using another port to see if the problem is fixed.
- You can also try to use an extender connection to connect the Roku device with the television.
How to Fix Roku Remote is not Working for Infrared Remote?
If you are using IR Roku remote then the troubleshooting solutions will be slightly different. Here are the steps that you need to follow to fix the issues with IR Roku remotes.
- The first thing that you need to do is to point the IR remote in front of the Roku box. If the indicator light in the status of the box flashes, it means the Roku remote is working and there is some other issue.
- Another thing that you need to check is if anything is blocking the IR signals between the Roku remote and the box. Any hindrance between the signals can cause Roku remote is not working problem.
- You can try using the Roku remote app, to check if the box is working properly. If the mobile app works then it means there is a problem with the Roku remote. You can get in touch with the Roku experts to help you in fixing the issue with the Roku remote. However, if there is an issue with the box, you will have to complete a reset, for which you can get help from the support team as well.
How to Fix Roku Remote is not Working for Enhanced Remote?
If you are using an enhanced Roku remote and are facing issues while using it then do not worry as the problem can be quickly fixed. You can follow these steps to resolve the problems with the enhanced Roku remote.
- The first thing that you can try to fix the problem with the enhanced Roku remote is to repair the remote. Repairing the enhanced Roku remote is quite simple. Simply, take out the batteries of the Roku remote, switch if the Roku, wait for a minute or so. Now, when the home screen opens, change the batteries of the remote. And, press/hold the pairing button and wait for the remote to repair. Once you see the pairing light wait and try using the Roku remote.
Call Toll-Free Numbers For Support
- You can also you’re the mobile app for a quick repair. The Roku app can be installed in Android as well as iOS. Usually, if the Roku remote is not working problem arises all of a sudden you can use the app to fix it. Simply, go to the settings option and choose the option to pair a new device. Now, follow the same steps for pairing the remote as mentioned earlier.
Get Technical Solution from the Roku Professionals?
If you have tried these steps but nothing works then you may have to purchase a new remote. You can try these troubleshooting solutions to fix the issues. However if Roku remote is not working problem persists and nothing works. Then, try getting in touch with the Roku technical support team for assistance before purchasing a new remote. The technical experts for Roku have the required knowledge and basic skills to help you in fixing the issues with the Roku remote (both Infrared and Enhanced Roku remote). They will also help you understand the cause of the Roku remote issue so that it can be fixed immediately. Also, if the issue is in the Roku box or device,Roku TV Supportexperts can guide you in fixing the same problem as well.