One of the most common problems that most Kindle users come across is ‘Kindle won’t connect to WiFi’. Though, it can be very frustrating as the Kindle just won’t work until you connect it with the Wi-Fi. If you use Kindle then you would know that the usage of Kindle is entirely dependent upon the Wi-Fi connectivity. So, it is very important to troubleshoot this error otherwise you just won’t be able to use the Kindle.
There are several reasons that may restrict the Kindle from connecting to the wireless network. If you are facing the same issue, and your Kindle won’t connect to wifi then read this blog as we guide you to fix this issue.
Before, connecting the Kindle with the Wi-fi network or when the Kindle won’t connect to WiFi error occurs you need to check a few things.
- Check if the Internet is working properly and the signal is not weak.
- To connect the Kindle with the Wi-Fi you need to make sure that the airplane mode is turned off.
- Check if the entered password is correct.
- Check with the Kindle support team for the device software. Make sure the software is updated to the latest version.
So, you are trying to connect the Kindle with the Wi-Fi but Kindle Won’t Connect to WiFi. This problem can be fixed quickly by following the steps mentioned below.
Restart the Kindle
The first and the easiest thing that you need to do is restart the Kindle. A simple restart can help in fixing any errors if Kindle Won’t Connect to WiFi.
- Press the power button for a few seconds.
- Release the button and then turn off the device.
- Press the power button to switch on the device.
- Wait for a few seconds and check if the problem is resolved or not.
Restart the Router
Another reason why Kindle won’t connect to WiFi issue arises is because of the problem in the internet connection.
- Switch off the router and wait for 2-3 minutes.
- Plugin and turn the router on.
- If this method does not resolve the Kindle is not connecting to wireless network issue then you will have to change the IP address settings to static. Get in touch with the Kindle technical support team as they can guide you step by step to fix the connectivity issue.
Most of the times the issue related to wi-fi connectivity can be fixed if you restore the factory default settings. It is a more technical approach towards resolving Kindle won’t connect to WiFi problem.
- Go to the home screen and open the main menu.
- Now, choose the settings option here.
- Here, you will find the factory reset option, select it. If you are unable to reach to factory reset option or if the factory reset of the device does not happen. Then you must get technical support from the Kindle tech experts.
If these steps are unable to solve Kindle won’t connect to wifi problem then you must get help from the Amazon Kindle technical support team. Wi-Fi connectivity issues can arise in Kindle anytime however, by getting the right support and assistance you can resolve this problem in no time.