We have all been there, slow wi-fi is something that can be very frustrating to deal with. Especially when you are trying to play your favorite thing on the internet but the network just won’t load it. And to worsen the situation the wi-fi dead zones are something that we all find very annoying. So, what do you do when such a problem occurs? If every other room in your home receives good wi-fi signals but one corner that does not receive a good network connection then getting a wi-fi extender is the best option to consider.
You must get a Linksys wi-fi extender to improve the signals in your home. All you need to do is complete the Linksys Wi-Fi extender setup and you will be able to receive a high-speed internet connection even in the farthest corner of the home.
In this blog, we will help you understand the steps to complete the Linksys extender setup. It is quite easy to set up but if you are facing any problems while finishing the setup then get in touch with the
Linksys Router Support team for help and assistance.
How to Setup Linksys Wi-Fi Extender? A Complete Guide
Now, if you are ready to set up the Linksys Wi-Fi extender setup then here, we have a step-by-step guide for you. So, it is very easy to complete the Linksys Wi-Fi extender setup and it can be done using two methods.
The first method is the manual method for which the steps are discussed below.
- First of all, turn on the Linksys extender. You can check if the extender is turned on or not by checking the indicator lights on the extender. They must be stable.
- Then you need to create a link between the device, for example, a personal computer, laptop, mobile phone, and the Linksys Wi-Fi extender setup. You can use an ethernet cable connection to establish a connection. However, make sure it is done properly.
- Then go to a web browser and open the page to Linksys extender set up the next step you need to complete the login. And the username which must be left blank and the password is ‘admin’.
- Now, the login will be complete and a Linksys wi-fi extender wizard will open.
- Then on the setup page select the wireless option and then select the basic wireless settings.
- Now you will have to select either manual method or wi-fi protect setup. SO, select the manual option here.
- Now, you need to enter the network name for which you will have to add the SSID. Also, add the password of the network you want to connect to. At last, select the option of save.
- Now, the Linksys Wi-Fi range extender installation is complete.
- Now, turn off the router and the Linksys Wi-Fi extender and allow it to reboot. Wait for some time and then turn on the router. Wait until the indicator lights are stable and then turn on the Linksys Wi-Fi extender as well.
If you are unable to set up a Linksys extender then you can get help from the
Linksys Router Support team. You can also try the second option to complete how to set up Linksys Wi-Fi Extender.
The second option is by Wi-Fi Protect Setup. This can further be done using two methods.
- You can press the WPS button that can be found on Linksys wi-fi extender. The extender will try to find and connect a WPS connection. Also, turn on the WPS button of the router.
- If the WPS indicator lights are stable then this means the connection was established and the Linksys extender setup is complete. Now, you can use the extender to connect the devices.
In the next method, you will have to complete the connection between the device and the Linksys extender range. You can do this by using an ethernet cable connection.
- In the first step launch the Linksys Wi-Fi extender setup on the web browser.
- Then complete the log in page and select the wireless option here.
- In the next steps, you will be prompted to select between the manual and the wi-fi protect setup method, choose the WPS option.
- Then you will have to press the WPS button.
- Once this is done the extender will try to establish a connection with the device and the Linksys Wi-Fi extender setup will be complete.
These are the steps that you need to follow to complete the setup for the Linksys extender setup. However, in case of any issue get help from the experts.
What does the Linksys Extender Setup do?
Once you complete the Linksys Wi-Fi extender setup you will get better coverage of the wi-fi network in your entire home which means no dead zones. It also helps in improving the wi-fi performance and the signals of your network. Also, note that while using an extender wi-fi range you must check the settings of the devices as they must be properly configured. The innovative and advanced technology used in the Linksys extender wi-fi range allows you to make the most from it. So, make sure to complete the setup properly.
Get help from the Technical Experts
To complete the Linksys extender wi-fi setup you can follow the steps mentioned above. Many times, you may experience issues with the network or dead spots because of the way your router is set up. The place where the Wi-Fi is placed makes a lot of difference while trying to set up the router. The design of your home is yet another reason for the weak or poor Wi-Fi signals. In some cases, you would still experience poor signals even if the router is placed in a proper location. In such cases, you need to get a Linksys Wi-Fi extender.
If you are facing any problems while trying to set up the Linksys Wi-Fi extender then do not worry. Get in touch with the
Linksys Router Support team for help and support. They will guide you step by step to complete the setup in the correct way.