Netflix error 40104 is best known for not playing the title. You will see the error on the display screen as “Cannot play title. Please try again later (40104)”. It typically points to a network connectivity issue that is preventing your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch from reaching the Netflix service. Must follow the below troubleshooting steps for resolving this issue:
- Network Streaming Support
Follow the below rules if you are in work, hotel, school or hospital public Wi-Fi network:
- Network support is the first way to resolve the Netflix error 40104. Check with your network administrator to make sure that the streaming services like Netflix are supported & it’s not blocked intentionally.
- Make sure the public network has limited bandwidth.
- In case you use the cellular data network or satellite internet:
- If possible, try a different network. The satellite internet connections and cellular data often have slow internet connection speed than the cable internet or DSL.
A Restart of iPod, iPad or iPhone
- Press and hold the side button and one of the volume buttons at the same time until the sliders appear, then drag the top slider for turning your device to completely off. If the sliders do not appear, press and hold the Sleep/Wake button until the red slider appears, then drag the slider.
- Press the sleep or wake up button after the 10 seconds for turning on your device
- Try Netflix again when the device powers on.
Reinstall of Netflix App
Be sure that your issue is not caused by an outdated version of the Netflix app by removing it from your iOS device and reinstalling it. Delete the Netflix app will also delete any titles you have downloaded to the device. You may need your Apple ID and password to reinstall the app once it has been removed.
- Press and hold the Netflix app until it shakes. Do this from your iPhone, iPod, iPad touch home screen.
- Click on the x in the top left a corner of the Netflix icon and then click on delete. When its deleted, press the home button for stopping the shaking process.
- Simply enter the app store & search for “Netflix”
- Chose the free Netflix app from Netflix Inc.
- Click on the cloud icon. You need to enter your iTunes password for installing the app.
- Once it’s installed, click on the Netflix icon.
- Enter email or password for your Netflix account & click sign in.
- Try Netflix again.
Some other support steps you can follow: Netflix error 40104
Turn Off Airplay
You may not be conscious of the downloaded titles, but Airplay presently does not help them. You must, therefore, switch off Airplay by the following measures:
- Open the Netflix app and look for Airplay.
- Chose the iOS device from the list.
- Open the Netflix app and start continuing watching your video. Hopefully, Netflix error 40104 should be fixed by now.
Download the Title Again
In case you experience the Netflix error 40104 on your downloaded title, you need to download it again. Because sometimes your downloaded video is expired and you might have missed that notification. Follow the below steps to remove the downloaded videos:
- Tap on the Downloads icon (if you don’t see the Downloads icon, tap the Menu icon and then My Downloads.
- Tap on Edit (upper right corner of your screen).
- Click on the red x icon for removing the title from your device & then download the title again.
Resolving the Netflix Error 40104 with the help of the Netflix technicians is easy with the Netflix support guys. However, if you are dialing the toll-free support number of Netflix technicians, Visit Netflix Support.
Every error of Netflix can be resolved easily. Errors like why Netflix is not working? Netflix is in the wrong language, trouble of videos while watching Netflix, sign-in issues with Netflix, Netflix account issues, parental controls of Netflix account, downloading issues with Netflix, update email issues and more. Simply dial the toll-free support number and you will be able to do the work related to error-free streaming.