Netflix Not Working on Firestick
Netflix is not working on Firestick’, Amazon Firestick allows you to watch content on the TV without any hassle. Undoubtedly, Firestick and Netflix subscription is the best way to entertain yourself. All you need is a good internet connection and Netflix subscription plan, and you can binge-watch your favorite TV shows, documentaries, animation and so much more whenever you are free.
However, just like any other streaming service, you can run into different kinds of problems and Netflix not working on Firestick is one of them. It is a common issue that you may face while using Netflix on Firestick. You may simply be prompted with a message like ‘unable to reach Netflix’ or ‘Netflix is not working on Firestick’. If you are facing this problem then do not worry as help you troubleshoot the problem so that you can enjoy watching your favorite content back again.
How to Resolve Netflix Not Working on Firestick Problem?
If you are someone who is unable to use Netflix on Firestick then do not panic and follow the troubleshooting tips mentioned below.
Check if Netflix is Down?
The first thing that you need to check before doing anything is to see if Netflix is down? Sometimes Netflix not working in Firestick issues can arise because the Netflix server is down for all. You can check this by going to the official account of Netflix on Twitter and see if there is any official message for Netflix is down.
Check the Internet Connection
Once you are sure that the problem is on your end then the next thing that you should be doing is checking the internet connection. Check the wi-fi network the Firestick is connected to is running properly. You can check this by connecting another device with the same network and then see if it is working or not. The other thing that you can try is to stream some other apps like YouTube on the Firestick and check is it works or not. Also, check the router and the modem.
Clear the Cache Data
If the internet is not an issue and still Netflix not working on Firestick is by clearing the cache. It helps in resolving streaming issues with the Firestick. Here is a step by step guide to clear the cached data.
- Go to the home screen and then open the menu.
- Use the buttons to navigate to the Settings option.
- Now, open the applications.
- Then go to ‘manage installed applications’ option and tap on it.
- Then, go down and select Netflix.
- Now, select force stop option and then select clear cache.
- Now, go to the home screen and select the Netflix app.
Update the Netflix App
If Netflix app is not working on Firestick problem can also arise if you do not update the Netflix app. An outdated version of the app can cause a lot of issues.
- Go to the main menu and then navigate to the app section.
- Then select the Netflix app here.
- Now, if you see any option for an update then select it.
Uninstall and Reinstall the App
Once you clear the cache data you must uninstall and reinstall the Netflix app as it could be the reason for Netflix is not working on Firestick. You can follow the steps mentioned below for more help.
Steps to Uninstall the Netflix App:
- Go to the main menu of the Fire TV.
- Then, go to the settings option and select it.
- Here, choose managed installed applications.
- Select Netflix.
- Now, tap on the uninstall option.
Steps to Re-install the Netflix App:
- Again, go to the main menu.
- Then, go to the search bar and then type Netflix on it.
- Now, choose the Netflix app from the results that are shown on the screen.
- Then, tap on the install option. Once the app is installed you will have to log in by entering the details.
Update the Firmware
You need to update the Firmware software of the Firestick otherwise you may come across a few problems. Follow these steps to fix this problem.
- Go to the home screen.
- Select the settings option.
- Select the system and then choose about it. It will show you the current version of the Firmware software for the Firestick.
- Here, select for check for system update option. Now, if there is any update requirement it will be automatically updating the software.
- Then select install system update after the download is complete.
- Now, restart the device and do not use it for at least 40-45 minutes.
These are some of the troubleshooting solutions when Netflix not working on Firestick is the issue. However, sometime you may need more assistance. Get in touch with the experts for technical support and guidance.