Norton not Working After Windows Update-Without any doubt, Norton is the best antivirus software available in the market right now. It offers complete security from online threats, malicious attacks, and viruses. It is one of the most widely used software for protecting the computer, besides it is available for Windows as well as Mac.
Internet is widely used these days be it for social media or online transactions that is why cyber-attacks and data breaches are very common these days. Using the internet is very risky as it is all about just one-click, one downloading. Fix the issue Norton not Working After Windows Update.
Norton is one of the most effective antivirus software in the market that limits the malicious use of hackers. You can easily install Norton software on your Windows PC and make sure the device secure from cyber threats and malicious attacks. However, it is also important to update the Norton software from time to time for the antivirus to work properly and detect the latest viruses and spyware. But many users complain about Norton not working after Windows update. It is a very common problem that Windows users have to face. But do not worry as this problem can be easily resolved by following the troubleshooting solutions.
However, if you are facing Norton not working after the Windows update issue regularly then you need to find a technical solution to resolve the problem. Get in touch with the Norton technical support team for help and guidance.
If you are facing issues with the Norton antivirus software then do not worry as we have a complete guide that can help you fix the problem.
Get Norton Power Eraser
The Norton power eraser is an amazing tool that makes the use of the rating of the cloud application to scan the computer. This helps in the detection of viruses and malware. If you want to use this tool then follow the steps mentioned below.
- First of all, download and install the Norton power eraser tool in your system.
- Then open the folder where the file is downloaded and run the file for the software.
- Make sure to read the terms and conditions for the software and then select the yes option.
- Open the Norton power eraser file and then select the option that says scan for risk.
- Now the Norton power eraser will complete a by default scan.
- Once the scan is done, make the required changed and restart the personal computer.
Reinstall the Norton Antivirus Software
Many times, the best solution to resolve issues like Norton not working after Window update is to reinstall the antivirus software. You can follow these steps to complete the uninstallation of the software and then reinstall it.
- Download and install the Norton software and then remove the previous software.
- Then select the Norton software file.
- Then select the option to remove and reinstall the software.
- As soon as the software is uninstalled you can reinstall the Norton software.
If you are facing any issue while uninstalling and reinstalling the Norton Software get help from the technical support team.
Disable the Windows Defender
While talking about antivirus issues Norton not working after Windows update is a common issue that the users have to face. Usually, the problem occurs because of the in-built Windows defender and the Norton antivirus suite. Once you install the Norton antivirus software in your PC the Windows defender must be disabled, otherwise, it will not work properly. Usually, if both the antivirus programs are working simultaneously one or the other will just not work properly.
Try Running Norton as Administrator
If Norton not working after Window update then it is best to use Norton by using the administrator. You need to have access to the administrator on your PC. Follow these steps to complete run Norton as adminstrator.
- Go to the folder where the Norton software is installed.
- Right-click on the file and then open the properties.
- Then select the compatibility option and then run this program as administrator.
Get Solution from the Experts
If you are still facing Norton not working after Window update issue then you must get help from Norton experts. The technical support tea, have the knowledge and skills to resolve your problem in no time. They will guide you and answer all of your queries in detail.