How to Fix Outlook Not Sending Emails Issue?
Experiencing Outlook not sending emails is a quite common issue. It can be very annoying to see that an urgent mail you have been trying to send sits in your outbox and fails to send.
There are several reasons why Outlook may fail to send emails. That is why we have discussed in detail the solutions that you can try to fix the problem while trying to send emails on outlook. So, here we have discussed in detail what you need to do in such a situation.
Troubleshooting Your Outlook Not Sending Emails Issue
There are several possibilities and things that can go wrong if your see that Outlook is unable to send emails. Here we have discussed some of them in detail.
1. If you see an error message while trying to send an email on Outlook: If this is what happens, then there are high chances of having a problem with Outlook and the outgoing mail server.
So, the email will be there in the outbox, because Outlook is unable to connect to the mail server. To fix this issue here is what you can do.
- Check with the internet service provider as it may have blocked the port number.
- Check with the email service provider and make sure the mail server settings are updated.
- Also, make sure to check you have surpassed the hourly/daily limit of emails that can be sent.
2. If there is no message while you send an email on Outlook: If you see that Outlook not sending emails but you do not receive any message then there are chances of having a problem with Outlook configuration.
Here are a few things that you need to know.
- If Outlook is not sending some particular type of mail then make sure to check that you do no open/preview Outbox emails before sending.
- The outbox email must be unread otherwise the email will not be sent.
- You also need to check on a few more things.
- If the email font is bold and italic, then it is ready to be sent.
- If the email is bold, then it was read.
- If the email is not bold neither italic, then it has been edited.
3. Check the Email Address of the Recipient: If the email address that you have entered of the receiver is incorrect or invalid then Outlook not sending emails issue will occur.
So, make sure to double-check the email id and see if there is no typing error.
4. Check the Attachments: The attachments that you can send on Outlook is limited to 20MB for accounts like Gmail or Hotmail and 10MB for other accounts.
If you see an error message about the size of the attachment. In such a situation, you need to increase the size of the limit.
5. Check the Connections: Finally, if you are still unable to resolve Outlook not sending emails problem then there are chances of having an issue with the internet.
So here are few things to check.
- Check the right-corner of the Outlook Windows, if it shows, offline, disconnection, unable to connect, then your Outlook is not connected to the internet.
- Click on the send/receive option.
- Under Preference group select work offline. Now, check the right-cornet as you shall see connected to the server option.
These are quick and easy solutions that can help you in troubleshooting Outlook not sending emails issue.
But if the problem is unresolved and you need help then make sure to get in touch with the technical support team for help and assistance.