Why is my SmartThings App NOT Working? Here is What You Can Do
Are you someone who enjoys having a smart home along with innovative devices? But your smart home does need a brain and that is what SmartThings is for you. The SmartThings hub allows you to turn your simple home into a smart home with advanced features that are designed to make your life comfortable and easy.
The SmartThings gives you an insight into all the devices that are connected to improve the overall experience, whether indoors or outdoors. You can optimize the settings of your home devices as per the needs.
With SmartThings hub you can have complete control of your smart devices at your fingertips. Whether you want to control the lighting system, create a vibe before watching a movie or your TV the SmartThings does it all for you while you are in the kitchen preparing snacks.
However, sometimes the SmartThings app not the working problem may arise. In such a scenario, you can follow the troubleshooting solutions mentioned below to fix the issue. But if you are new and need help then get in touch with the technical support team for more information and assistance.
Troubleshooting SmartThings Hub Offline Problem
There are several reasons why you may come across the offline issue while using the app. Mostly the problem occurs if there is a connectivity issue however, there are other reasons as well that can result in the issue. So, to fix the problem here is what you need to do.
Restart the SmartThings Hub
Often restarting the hub can help in resolving most of the problems like the SmartThings app not working, the hub is offline, smart devices are not responding, or other general issues. So, here is what you need to do for restarting the SmartThings hub.
- Turn off the power and unplug the power cables from the Hub.
- Wait for a couple of minutes.
- Now reconnect the power source and plug in the ethernet cables.
- If the SmartThings hub is online then you will see a green LED light flashing.
Restart the Samsung Connect Home
You can follow the steps mentioned below to hard reboot the wi-fi smart hub and the Smart Things hub to resolve the offline issue.
- Take out the plug of the power cord and also the ethernet cable.
- Wait for 30 seconds.
- Plugin the ethernet cable and also the power cord. Now check off the SmartThings hub offline issue is resolved or not.
If the problem is still not fixed then you will have to open the SmartThings hub app and then check the settings menu for a related issue. Here are the steps that you need to follow.
- Go to the menu and then check the SmartThings hub location.
- Then choose the menu and tap to select the devices.
- Select the wi-fi hub devices.
- Then choose the wi-fi hub images.
- Tap to restart the devices.
- Tap to confirm the restart of the devices.
These are some of the solutions that can help you resolve the issue with the SmartThings hub app.
However, if the problem persists and you are running out patience then get in touch with the support team for help. Also, make sure to check a few things to resolve the SmartThings app not working problem.
- You need to check the hub’s indicator LED lights. If you see the stable magenta color light it is updating and that is why the apps are disconnected.
- Use the SmartThings app to refresh the apps that are connected. Open the devices option and then navigate the down from the list.
- Make sure the devices are set up with the SmartThings app properly.
The SmartThings app is a perfect way to connect your smart home devices and use a single app to control your smart home. However, many times the users may come across problems like SmartThings Hub offline because of internet issues or other reasons.
If you are facing a similar problem then follow the troubleshooting solutions to fix the problem. However, if the problem is unresolved and you need help then get in touch with the technical support team for an immediate solution to resolve the problem. The experts will guide you step by step to fix the issue immediately