What is Bridge Mode on a Router? Everything You Need to Know
While using the routers it is important to know every feature of the router as it helps you have complete access to it. Using the features of the router helps you in making the most out of it and getting a high-speed network without any delay. For this, you need to have complete knowledge about the routers and their features. Though, the router features vary from brand and model, some important features like ‘bridge mode’ is common for most of the routers, despite the model.
So, what is router bridge mode? How can you use the bridge mode to make everything convenient and easy while on a network? Before understanding this is in detail, there are so many things that you need to know first. In brief, the bridge mode on a router allows you to two routers at the same time without interfering with the speed or performance of the individual router.
In this blog, we will help you understand in detail the bridge mode so that you can use this feature in your Netgear routers or any other router you are using. If you are facing any issue while trying to use the bridge mode. Then do not worry and get in touch with the technical support team for help and guidance.
Call Toll-Free Numbers For Support
What is Bridge Mode on a Router? Things You Need to Know
Struggling with slow, interrupted and weak Wi-Fi networks can be very frustrating to deal with. This can happen because of multiple reasons. However, you can avoid this problem by using the bridge mode feature. Connecting more than one router can help in improving the speed and also help in extending the Wi-Fi range of the router. But when you have got two routers and both are on a private network, then it can be a bit difficult for the devices to communicate with the router and establish a connection. This whole situation is called double NAT.
However, this problem can be easily fixed by using bridge mode. So, that is why you need to know what is router bridge mode? And how it can help in resolving most of the router related issues.
Bridge mode helps in improving the network by allowing more than one router to share the same network. If you are using two NAT devices that are connected in series, then it is always better to use the modem in the bridge mode.
Here is Why You Need to Bridge Mode?
So, now that you know what is router bridge, you must understand the reason why you may need it. Let us explain this to you. If you are having an issue with the speed of the Wi-Fi router you are using, then what can you do about it? In this situation, the best thing that you can do is to connect two routers, which can easily improve the speed of the router. It is one of the best ways to connect multiple devices with the router and also not compromise with the speed. However, there are a few things that you need to check while trying to do this. Foremost, you need to know that you can connect the router using the Ethernet cable connection, or you can connect it with the Wi-Fi.
As you know what is router bridge mode, let us help you know why you need to use the bridge mode.
- If you want to extend the range of the Wi-Fi network you are using so that more than one device can be connected at the same time. So, the speed of the Wi-Fi signals is also not compromised.
- If you would like to change an Ethernet cable connected to a wireless network.
- Bring a wired device that is away from the place where the router is placed.
- Create a strong Wi-Fi network to stream videos, play games and use the internet without having to worry about the speed.
Call Toll-Free Numbers For Support
What is Router Bridge Mode? How can you Bridge Routers?
So, if you want to know about what is router bridge mode? Then, in brief, it is a feature that allows you to connect two routers wirelessly. So, it helps in connecting two routers over Wi-Fi. There are different types of bridging that you can imply to connect two routers for extending the Wi-Fi signal range.
How Can You Connect Two Routers Using Bridge Mode?
If you want to use the bridge mode to connect the routers, then it can be done in three different ways. First is Wi-Fi to Wi-Fi, then Bluetooth to Wi-Fi and the last one is Wi-Fi to the Ethernet.
Steps for Bridging the Router
Now that you understand what is router bridge mode, it is important to know the steps that can help you with bridging two routers.
- The very first thing that you need to check is if the devices are compatible with each other for bridging or not.
- Keep both the routers near the computer and start with the setup process. Once the configuration is complete, you can keep the router anywhere.
- Make sure to complete the setup for the primary router first. Also, the primary router must be the best one with a good Wi-Fi network and updated firmware.
- Then, on the secondary router, open the configuration page.
- Activate the bridge mode.
- Then add the username. Once the configuration for the secondary router.
- Now, you can keep the router at the place of your choice.
If you are facing any issue with the router and the connectivity then you can use the bridge mode. If you want to know more about what is router bridge mode? In this blog, we have covered in detail the bridge mode and how you can complete the setup. If you need any help with the bridge mode,Netgear Router Support then get in touch with the team for help and guidance.