5 Easy Solutions to Fix Windows Error Code 0xc004f074
Are you facing Windows error code 0xc004f074? This error occurs after the Windows update so you are unable to complete the activation process on Windows OS.
The Key Management Service allows you to enable the activation process of the Windows so that you can activate Windows products like Microsoft office. When Windows is installed, it starts finding the Key Management Service to activate the license.
However, while updating the Windows, many times users may come across error 0xc004f074. This happens when Windows is not able to find the Key Management Service.
This may occur if there is an issue while installing Windows software. And if the users have not installed the original version of the Windows Operating System.
That is why it is always advised not to download and install the pirated version of Windows to avoid such errors. However, if you have downloaded Windows legally but are still seeing error 0xc004f074.
Then there are some troubleshooting solutions that you can try to fix the error. However, if you are new and do not have enough technical knowledge then we recommend getting in touch with the technical support team for help and assistance.
How to Fix Windows Error Code 0xc004f074?
When you download and install Windows on your system, you need to activate the products. But sometimes you may see error 0xc004f074 while doing so.
If you are stuck with the same error then do not worry, there are a couple of solutions that you can try to fix this problem.
Uninstall and Reinstall the Key Management Service
You can follow this solution if you have an activation key. So, what you need to do here is to uninstall the key and then get a new one. But first, you need to follow the steps mentioned below.
- Open the command prompt with administrator privilege. Then press the enter key.
- You will now see some information note it down for further use.
- Then you need to run the command to uninstall the KMS.
- Once you remove the key you need to apply for the new one.
- Then enter the new KMS key.
- Go to the system settings and then click on the update and security option.
- Then select the activation process. Now you will see that the Windows error code 0xc004f074 is gone.
- However, if the error persists then make sure to follow the troubleshooting solutions mentioned below.
Run the Update and the Troubleshooter
You can try to run the update and the activation troubleshooter to fix the Windows error 0xc004f074. Here are the steps that you need to follow.
- Open the settings and then click on the update and security.
- Then click on the troubleshooter.
- Choose the Windows update and run the troubleshooter.
- If after running the troubleshooter you are still seeing the error then select the settings and then choose the update and activation. Then click on the troubleshooter.
Update the Date and Time of the System
If the Date and Time on your system are incorrect then it can result in error 0xc004f074. This is one of the easiest solutions that can help fix the error in just a few minutes. Here is what you need to do.
- Open the command prompt with the admin page.
- Then type the given command w32tm//resync and press enter or click ok.
Run SFC Scan
- Open the command prompt window.
- Click on the start menu and then type cmd and select the admin.
- If you see the UAC browser then click on the yes button.
- Open the command prompt window and type SFC/scan.
Contact the Technical Support Team
If nothing seems to work and resolve Windows error code 0xc004f074. Then do not worry maybe there is a problem with the product key that you are using. Well, if you have entered the product key many times then it gets blocked by the server.
In such a case, you need help from the support team. So make sure to get in touch with the technical support team for help and assistance.