Xfinity remote stopped working quick troubleshooting 2020. Xfinity is a popular cable communication provider that is known for providing the best services. Whether it is the cable connection or internet services, Xfinity is known for providing the best service to the customer. If you are planning to get a Xfinity cable connection then you will get remote with the set-top box.
But many users complain about coming across Xfinity remote stopped working issue. There are several reasons why users may come across this problem.
If you are one of them then do not worry as you can follow the basic troubleshooting solutions that can help in fixing the issue with the remote. If you are going through the same issue then you are in the right place.
In this blog, we have covered in detail the solutions that you can follow to resolve the Xfinity remote stopped working problem with the Xfinity remote. But if you are new and need help then get in touch with the Xfinity support team for help and assistance.
So, if you are wondering what is wrong with your Xfinity remote and why is it not working? Then here we have mentioned the most common reason why the Xfinity remote may be showing an issue.
- If you have purchased a replacement or new remote for Xfinity then you first need to program it with the set-top box for it to work properly. If the connection is not established between the two devices then the Xfinity remote will not work.
- Many times, the device or the app may experience communication issues and as a result, you may have to reset the device.
- Another common reason for Xfinity remote stopped working is if the battery is dead. If the batteries of the remote are dead then it will not work properly.
- Lastly, of the Xfinity remote is damaged or broken then you will come across problems while using it. In this case, you will have to replace the remote with a new one.
If these are the problems then you can resolve these issues easily by following the troubleshooting solutions mentioned here. However, if the problem persists and you are in hurry then get in touch with the technical support team for help and assistance.
Device or App Program Related Issue
In certain cases, you will notice that the device or the app itself has an issue and as a result, the Xfinity remote stopped working problem may arise.
Therefore, there can be a communication issue when the Xfinity remote is not working properly. If this is the problem then you need to reset one of the devices to fix the problem.
Check the Batteries
For the Xfinity remote to work properly it must have a battery. Dead batteries are the most common reason for facing problems while using the remote. So, make sure to check the batteries and see if everything is working properly. If the batteries are dead, replace them with the new ones.
Check for Any Damage
If everything seems to be fine but still Xfinity remote stopped working then you need to check if there is any physical damage to the remote. If the remote is damaged or broken you cannot do anything about it but replace it with a new one.
These are the solutions that you can follow to resolve the problem with Xfinity remote is not working problem.
However, if this does not work and you are still facing an issue while using the device then you need to get in touch with the technical support team for help. You can also try resetting the Xfinity box but that will completely restore the default settings.
Here are the steps that you need to follow to complete the reset for the Xfinity set-top box. The Xfinity remote may be unable to communicate with the set-top box so a quick reset will help in fixing Xfinity remote problem.
- Press and hold the reset button for 10-20 seconds.
- Otherwise, you can also open the Xfinity account and then go to My Account and choose the reset option here.
Like any other device, it is quite common to experience Xfinity remote stopped working issue. So, here we have discussed in detail the solutions that can help you fix this problem.
But if the issue persists and you need help getting in touch with the technical support team if the best thing to do.